We’ve received a lot of positive feedback on our recent happy hour, so it makes sense to have another. Hope to see everyone on August 15, 5:30 to 7:30 pm, at AleSmith Brewing Company for our second event.
We would also like to encourage everyone to become a member. It’s only $25 a year, $15 for students. We’re putting together a nice membership package, which is expanding by the minute:
- Regular newsletters with event notifications, job openings, member news and more
- Invitations to special quarterly events, lectures, workshops, field trips
- Opportunities to write a blog post or be featured in our blog and newsletter
- Access to member directory
- Opportunity to take a leadership role in organization – professional development and community service
So, you can serve your community, network like crazy and enhance your personal brand. What could possibly be better?
On the member event front, we are looking into potential tours at Scripps Institution of Oceanography, White Labs and other sites, as well as satellite events with some of the many scientific conferences that come to San Diego.
But what would you like us to do? Feel free to share in the comments below, through Twitter @SANDSWA2 or on our Facebook group. See you on 8/15.
One Reply to “What’s Next for SANDSWA”